Mindfulness-integrated CBT Foundation Course
Mindfulness-integrated CBT is an established mindfulness-based therapy specifically designed to address a wide range of clinical and subclinical conditions. For mental health therapists to successfully implement mindfulness-based therapies, such as MiCBT, it is essential that they first develop their own skills before learning to implement them with their clients/patients. During the Foundation course, you will develop a sound understanding of MiCBT principles, theory and practice. Following this course, you may then enroll in the Applied Course and learn under supervision to implement Mindfulness-integrated CBT with your clients/patients.
This foundational course will involve didactic, practical and experiential means of learning, including:
- mindfulness meditation (as traditionally taught in the Burmese Vipassana method)
- implementing the four stages of MiCBT, including mindfulness-based exposure and relapse prevention strategies
- masterclasses delivered online
- real case demonstrations on video and in a master class format
Completion of the 2-day workshop required.
You will learn:
- core and advanced mindfulness meditation skills
- theoretical underpinnings and fundamentals of mindfulness practice to understand the complex foundations of behaviour maintenance and change
- understand the complex foundations of behaviour maintenance and change
- how to engage the client in the treatment plan
- the transdiagnostic use of the four stages of MiCBT
- mindfulness-based relapse prevention strategies
Nine 2-hour sessions.
The Online Teaching Platform
The online teaching of the Foundation Course is done through Zoom. It is interactive with everyone online at the same time. Zoom is accessed through your internet browser and you do not need to purchase any software - all you need is a computer with good internet connection, a headset with microphone and a webcam.
- Book: Cayoun, B. A. (2015). Mindfulness-integrated CBT for Wellbeing and Personal Growth: four steps to enhance inner calm, self-confidence and relationships. Chichester, UK: Wiley.
- CDs: Two professionally recorded 80-minute CDs for the full implementation of mindfulness training (also available in MP3 format).
- free access to over 30 client handouts and therapist work forms
- free Associate membership to the MiCBT Institute
CPD and Certificate of Attendance
18 CPD hours may be claimed, but please check eligibility with your professional body regarding other criteria, e.g.. active, special college, etc. (For Australian psychologists, this course meets criteria for 18 Active CPD hours). Certificates of Completion are issued to participants who attend a minimum 7 of the 9 online sessions, irrespective of whether or not the recorded lessons are watched.
July 6, 13, 20
August 3, 10, 17, 24
Registration Fee: AUD $1070
Early Bird Fee: AUD $1020
(book before May 29 2019)
October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
November 13, 20, 27
Registration Fee: CAD $1185
October 18, 25
November 1, 15, 22, 29
December 6, 13, 204
Registration Fee: CAD $1185
Join Waiting List
If this course is full, please join the waiting list and we will contact you if a place becomes available or if we open a second class (subject to numbers).
Training Quick Links
- MiCBT Workshops
- Foundation Course
- Applied Course
- Mindfulness Meditation Retreat
- MiCBT Residential Retreat
- Group Supervision
- Individual Supervision
- Live Masterclasses
- On-demand Masterclasses
Cheryl Woellner- Counsellor, Sydney. commented on 11-Oct-2012 11:43 AM
Something I feel was the first exciting step in my wonderful mindfulness journey.
Rochelle Shackleton, Occupational Therapist, Victoria commented on 09-Oct-2012 10:12 PM
A very practical and evidence based course. I now have a thorough understanding of how mindfulness can be integrated into therapy, and the tools to help me apply it. Thankyou
Mary Whalan, Counsellor, Canterbury, New Zealand commented on 08-Oct-2012 08:52 AM
A life changing course both personally and professionally.
Thank-you to the wonderful presenters who lead by example.
Dr David Cheah, Doctor, Canberra commented on 02-Oct-2012 09:55 PM
The best course I ever did, and very pleased I attended at the last minute. My sincere thanks to all presenters and admin staff.
Carmel Ashton, PhD, Australia commented on 10-Sept-2011
Of all the professional development courses I have done, this course is without peer. It exemplifies the imperative of experience in the learning process...I have gained enormously at a personal level, and have valuable insight to its professional application.